1 s 5 linear functions a use g x x 2 to complete the following parts 1
1. (S 5) Linear Functions
A. Use g(x) = x + 2 to complete the following parts:
1. What is the y-intercept (write as a point)? Explain how to find the y-intercept
2. What is the x-intercept (write as a point)? Explain how to find the x-intercept
3. What is the domain? (use interval notation)
4. Is this linear function increasing or decreasing? Explain how you can tell just by
looking at the equation.
5. Explain how to graph the function. You don't have to graph it (I know Desmos can do
that for you!), I want you to explain how to graph it, using the values given in the
B. If f(x) is a linear function, f(1) = -5 and f(5) = 6, find an equation for f(x).
C. An electrician charges $25 for a service call plus $40 per hour of service. Write an
equation in slope-intercept form for the cost, C, after h hours of service. What will be the
total cost for 3 hours of work?
*The amount will be in form of wallet points that you can redeem to pay upto 10% of the price for any assignment. **Use of solution provided by us for unfair practice like cheating will result in action from our end which may include permanent termination of the defaulter’s account.Disclaimer:The website contains certain images which are not owned by the company/ website. Such images are used for indicative purposes only and is a third-party content. All credits go to its rightful owner including its copyright owner. It is also clarified that the use of any photograph on the website including the use of any photograph of any educational institute/ university is not intended to suggest any association, relationship, or sponsorship whatsoever between the company and the said educational institute/ university. Any such use is for representative purposes only and all intellectual property rights belong to the respective owners.