1. The volume flow rate is conserved in an incompressible steady flow.
2. In a transient flow process, the rate of change of mass with respect to time is zero.
3. During a steady flow process, the change of energy with respect to time is zero.
4. The temperature of air decreases as it is compressed by an adiabatic compressor.
5. The kinetic energy of a fluid decreases as it passes through an adiabatic diffuser.
In a steady flow device, the mass flow rate of the fluid remains constant.
7. The volume flow rate of air in an adiabatic steady flow compressor remains constant.
The temperature of the fluid remains constant in an adiabatic steady flow process.
There are three mechanisms of energy transfer in a control volume.
10. Air enters a nozzle at a velocity of 30 m/s and leaves at 60 m/s. The change in specific kinetic energy of air in this process is___kJ/kg.
11. Steam enters an adiabatic turbine at 1000 psia and 900°F and leaves as saturated vapor at 5 psia, at a rateof 12.5 Ibm/s. Determine the power output of the turbine, in Btu/s.
2. Argon gas enters an adiabatic turbine steadily at 1600 kPa and 470 °C with a velocity of 55 m/s and leaves at 150 kPa with a velocity of 150 m/s. The inlet area of the turbine is 60 cm?. If the power output of the turbine is 190 kW, determine the exit temperature of the argon.
3. A rigid, insulated tank that is initially evacuated is connected through a valve to a supply line that carries steam at 1.2 MPa and 400°C .Now the valve is opened and the steam is allowed to enter the tank until the pressure reaches 1.2 MPa, at which point the valve is closed. Determine the final temperature of the steam in the tank.
4. Air is compressed steadily in a compressor from 100 kPa and 400 K to 1 MPa and 500 K. The compressor is not well insulated, and a heat loss of 40 kJ/kg occurs during the process. Assuming the changes in kinetic and potential energies are negligible, determine the specific work input to the compressor, in kJ/kg.
5. A hot water stream at 80°C enters a mixing chamber with a mass flow rate of 0.5 kg/s where it is mixed with a stream of cold water at 30°C. If it is desired that the mixture leaves the chamber at 45°C,determine the mass flow rate of the cold-water stream. Assume all the streams are at a pressure of 250kPa.
Getting answers to your urgent problems is simple. Submit your query in the given box and get answers Instantly.