homework 5 cven 3246 40 points be sure to provide reasoning to your an
Be sure to provide reasoning to your answers. Be convincing.
1. (15 pts) Pretend your nearest supermarket is being demolished and replaced by a Tesla car dealership.
Create a Site Logistics Plan. Use a Google Maps image of your nearest supermarket and create the
plan using all the key considerations noted in the video textbook. You can use any digital tool you wish
- PowerPoint, Bluebeam, Sketchup, etc. Please ensure you address public safety.
2. (5 pts) List and describe 10 potential construction risks associated with the Tesla car dealership
project noted above. Be specific to your location and this type of project.
3. (3 pts) Tesla car dealerships usually have metal panel siding to give it an industrial look. Due to
installation issues, the probability that the siding needs to be removed and replaced is 10%. Full
replacement of the siding will cost $600,000. What is the Expected Value for this risk and what is
the purpose of performing that calculation?
4. (5 pts) For each of the following bonds, provide a definition:
a. Bid bonds
b. Performance bonds
c. Payment Bond
5. (2 pts) On a construction project, who ultimately pays for bonds and insurance? Explain.
6. (5 pts) Two concrete subcontractors are nearly identical (material prices, the wages they pay their
employees, their equipment costs, etc.). However, one sub has a significantly higher Experience
Modification Ratio (EMR). Why will that subcontractor's bid be higher in comparison? (ie. what
cost will guaranteed be higher for that sub?)
7. (5 Pts) The latest hurricane in Florida caused significant damage to construction sites.
a. If the wind and rain damaged material on your project (during construction), which insurance
policy should cover the cost of the damage?
b. If roofing material blew off the roof of your project and injured a public bystander, which
insurance policy should cover the costs associated with the bystander's injuries?
c. During cleanup after the storm, a construction worker broke her ankle while scrambling over
debris (on the jobsite). Which insurance policy should cover the costs associated with her injury.
*The amount will be in form of wallet points that you can redeem to pay upto 10% of the price for any assignment. **Use of solution provided by us for unfair practice like cheating will result in action from our end which may include permanent termination of the defaulter’s account.Disclaimer:The website contains certain images which are not owned by the company/ website. Such images are used for indicative purposes only and is a third-party content. All credits go to its rightful owner including its copyright owner. It is also clarified that the use of any photograph on the website including the use of any photograph of any educational institute/ university is not intended to suggest any association, relationship, or sponsorship whatsoever between the company and the said educational institute/ university. Any such use is for representative purposes only and all intellectual property rights belong to the respective owners.