2 exercises 1 quantify the following for the cip concrete walls of the
1. Quantify the following for the CIP concrete walls of the devator pt down for the
• Form area
. Concrete volume in cubic feet, converted to cubic yards
. Rod-off area
Reinforcing steel weight in pounds, converted to tons, og 2ch cleare
2. Calculate the following excavation quantities for the Training Center elevale pis
suming that the excavation will be 2 feet beyond the elevator pins and that 1:1 depes
are required for safety:
• Structural excavation in bank cubic yards
. Backfill in cubic yards after swell
. Excess excavation to be disposed of
It is suggested that a simple sketch be made prior starting this quantification.
3. The SOG of the main floor of the Training Center is specified as 5-inches thick.
A2x6 that can be used as an edge form is 5% inches wide. Quantify the total form
length and comment on the following:
• Do you think it is worth ripping a 2 x 6 down to 5 inches for the edge form? Why or
Using a full width 2 x 6 for the edge form, how much more concrete is used in the
5%-inch thick floor than in the 5 inches specified? At a material cost of $60 p
bic yard for the concrete, how much will this add to the cost of the SOG? Does this
have any bearing on the consideration of ripping a 2x6 down to 5 inches
• How can a 5-inch floor be placed without ripping down a 2x6 or incurring the ad
ditional cost for the extra concrete?
4. What is the unit weight of the following structural steel members:
• Platex 12
*The amount will be in form of wallet points that you can redeem to pay upto 10% of the price for any assignment. **Use of solution provided by us for unfair practice like cheating will result in action from our end which may include permanent termination of the defaulter’s account.Disclaimer:The website contains certain images which are not owned by the company/ website. Such images are used for indicative purposes only and is a third-party content. All credits go to its rightful owner including its copyright owner. It is also clarified that the use of any photograph on the website including the use of any photograph of any educational institute/ university is not intended to suggest any association, relationship, or sponsorship whatsoever between the company and the said educational institute/ university. Any such use is for representative purposes only and all intellectual property rights belong to the respective owners.