e k 1 n 2 15 in the game matching coins two people each flip a biased
15. In the game "matching coins" two people each flip a biased coin with probability of heads
p=1/3. If the two coins show the same face, person 1 wins and gets both coins, if they don't
person 2 wins and gets both coins. The probability that person 1 wins is closest to
16. The probability that a certain test gives a positive reaction to a rare disease is 99/100 but
the test is not perfect. The probability that the test gives a positive reaction eventhough the
patient does not have the disease is 1 in a million. Compute the probability that a patient with
a positive test actually has the disease if the prevalence of the disease is also 1 in a million.
(Le. the known proportion of people with the disease in the population is 10). Choose the
17. Consider a box with (n-1) tickets with the number 0 and only one ticket with the number
1. Let p, be the probability of drawing (with replacement) (n-1) tickets with the number 0
followed by the ticket with the number 1. Then, when n is large, the value of np, is closest to
18. In a box we put one million white balls but only two thousand black balls. We shake the box
and draw (without looking) four hundred balls from the box. Use the Poisson approximation
to the Binomial distribution to find the probability of drawing three black balls. The closest
19. Two coins with probability p of heads are tossed independently. If you learn that one of them
is heads; What's the probability that the other is also heads?
20. Define new logical operations of multiplication and addition by: ab=a+b and a @ b = üb.
With these new definitions, is the following equation true?
(ab) (cd)(ab) (cd)
Simplify both sides and choose the most correct,
*The amount will be in form of wallet points that you can redeem to pay upto 10% of the price for any assignment. **Use of solution provided by us for unfair practice like cheating will result in action from our end which may include permanent termination of the defaulter’s account.Disclaimer:The website contains certain images which are not owned by the company/ website. Such images are used for indicative purposes only and is a third-party content. All credits go to its rightful owner including its copyright owner. It is also clarified that the use of any photograph on the website including the use of any photograph of any educational institute/ university is not intended to suggest any association, relationship, or sponsorship whatsoever between the company and the said educational institute/ university. Any such use is for representative purposes only and all intellectual property rights belong to the respective owners.