1 why do sociologists study religion 2 what do sociologists focus on w
1) Why do sociologists study religion?
2) What do sociologists focus on when they study religion?
3) Define religious extremism.
4) What is the connection between religion and absolutist world views?
5) What is the role of religion in social change?
6) What is the role of education in a society?
7) Tell me about the history of education in the U.S. / the rise of compulsory education.
8) Does schooling matter? How? Explain. (Occupation? Income? Social class/mobility?)
9) What is the connection between education and inequality?
10) Discuss how expectations are converted into performance. How do concepts like
tracking/labeling and the teacher expectancy effect play into this dynamic?
In order to answer the remaining questions, you will choose two educational programs from the list
on the next page. You will then need to google the programs you choose and learn about them. This
will allow you to answer questions #11 through #15.
Choose an educational program from the attached list and answer questions #11 and #12.
11) Summarize the program.
12) Discuss what makes this program unique/special/exemplary.
Choose another (different!) educational program from the attached list and answer #13 and #14.
13) Summarize this program.
14) Discuss what makes this program unique/special/exemplary.
15) How are the two programs that you chose (as well as the Harlem Children's Zone that you
learned about in the video clip) different than typical public schools in the United States? What
ideologies and methods make them stand out from traditional educational programming? Do you
think that education should be re-imagined in the United States? What would you like to see
*The amount will be in form of wallet points that you can redeem to pay upto 10% of the price for any assignment. **Use of solution provided by us for unfair practice like cheating will result in action from our end which may include permanent termination of the defaulter’s account.Disclaimer:The website contains certain images which are not owned by the company/ website. Such images are used for indicative purposes only and is a third-party content. All credits go to its rightful owner including its copyright owner. It is also clarified that the use of any photograph on the website including the use of any photograph of any educational institute/ university is not intended to suggest any association, relationship, or sponsorship whatsoever between the company and the said educational institute/ university. Any such use is for representative purposes only and all intellectual property rights belong to the respective owners.