11 the mass rate balance is defined as the sum of all inlet mass flow
11. The mass rate balance is defined as the sum of all inlet mass flow rates minus the sum
of all outlet mass flow rates.
12. For one-dimensional flow, mass flow rate is the product of density, area, and velocity.
13. As velocity decreases in a diffuser, pressure decreases.
14. Flow work is the work done on a flowing stream by a paddle wheel or piston.
II. Checking understanding
1. The time rate of mass flow per unit area is called
means all properties are unchanging in time.
3. A system consists of liquid water in equilibrium with a gaseous mixture of air and
water vapor. How many phases are present? Does the system consist of a pure
4. Does the red line in the picture below follow a constant pressure?
*The amount will be in form of wallet points that you can redeem to pay upto 10% of the price for any assignment. **Use of solution provided by us for unfair practice like cheating will result in action from our end which may include permanent termination of the defaulter’s account.Disclaimer:The website contains certain images which are not owned by the company/ website. Such images are used for indicative purposes only and is a third-party content. All credits go to its rightful owner including its copyright owner. It is also clarified that the use of any photograph on the website including the use of any photograph of any educational institute/ university is not intended to suggest any association, relationship, or sponsorship whatsoever between the company and the said educational institute/ university. Any such use is for representative purposes only and all intellectual property rights belong to the respective owners.