A generic Bode plot for this amplifier configuration is also shown. We want to operate the amplifier at max gain between frequencies f3 and f4, which are about 15 Hz and 5 kHz respectively.
1. Discuss/comment on the usefulness of the coupling capacitor C1 which is connected to the drain.
2. Does the maxgain change if C¡ is not there (or shorted at all frequencies of interest)?
3. Complete the amplifier design, i.e. determine all resistor and capacitor values.
4. Determine fi and f2. You can assume that Rsi = 200 Q. [Hint: these two frequencies need not be distinct if the desired bandwidth for maximum gain is not affected]
5. Determine the maximum gain, A in the plot shown. Also determine B in the plot if you must design the circuit to match the Bode plot to the one shown.
6. Pick a value for C1 such that it can be neglected in your analytical calculations but does not significantly affect the Bode plot and justify your choice.
7. The amplifier shown is to be used as a pre-amplifier, i.e. vo is to become vị to another amplifier circuit, that is to be constructed with a MOSFET with the same parameters. The second amplifier should have about the same gain as the one shown. Discuss which elements of the circuit shown can be omitted in the second circuit and justify your answer. Discuss the feasibility of this composite design.
Getting answers to your urgent problems is simple. Submit your query in the given box and get answers Instantly.