if we are going to use data from this year to predict unemployment nex
If we are going to use data from this year to predict unemployment next year, why not use
this year's unemployment to predict next year's unemployment? A model like this, in which
previous values of a variable are used to predict future values of the same variable, is called an
autoregressive model. The following table presents the data needed to fit this model.
10. Compute the least-squares line for predicting next year's unemployment from this year's
11. Predict next year's unemployment if this year's unemployment is 4.0%.
12. Compute the correlation coefficient between this year's unemployment and next year's
13. What proportion of the variance in next year's unemployment is explained by this year's
14. Which of the three models do you think provides the best prediction of unemployment, the
one using inflation in the same year, the one using inflation in the previous year, or the one
using unemployment in the previous year? Explain.
15. The U.S. economy was in recession during part of 1991, most of 2001, and from December
2007 through June 2009. Compute the residuals for the least-squares line found in Exercise 10.
During times of recession, does the least-squares line predict the following year's
unemployment well? Does it tend to overpredict or underpredict?
*The amount will be in form of wallet points that you can redeem to pay upto 10% of the price for any assignment. **Use of solution provided by us for unfair practice like cheating will result in action from our end which may include permanent termination of the defaulter’s account.Disclaimer:The website contains certain images which are not owned by the company/ website. Such images are used for indicative purposes only and is a third-party content. All credits go to its rightful owner including its copyright owner. It is also clarified that the use of any photograph on the website including the use of any photograph of any educational institute/ university is not intended to suggest any association, relationship, or sponsorship whatsoever between the company and the said educational institute/ university. Any such use is for representative purposes only and all intellectual property rights belong to the respective owners.