to prepare a master budget for april may and june management gathers t
To prepare a master budget for April, May, and June, management gathers the following information.
a. Sales for March total 20,500 units. Budgeted sales in units follow: April, 20,500; May, 19,500; June,
20,000; and July, 20,500. The product's selling price is $24.00 per unit and its total product cost is
$19.85 per unit.
b. Raw materials inventory consists solely of direct materials that cost $20 per pound. Company policy
calls for a given month's ending materials inventory to equal 50% of the next month's direct materials
requirements. The March 31 raw materials inventory is 4,925 pounds. The budgeted June 30 ending
raw materials inventory is 4,000 pounds. Each finished unit requires 0.50 pound of direct materials.
c. Company policy calls for a given month's ending finished goods inventory to equal 80% of the next month's
budgeted unit sales. The March 31 finished goods inventory is 16,400 units.
d. Each finished unit requires 0.50 hour of direct labor at a rate of $15 per hour.
e. The predetermined variable overhead rate is $2.70 per direct labor hour. Depreciation of $20,000 per
month is the only fixed factory overhead item.
f. Sales commissions of 8% of sales are paid in the month of the sales. The sales manager's monthly sal-
ary is $3,000.
g. Monthly general and administrative expenses include $12,000 for administrative salaries and 0.9%
monthly interest on the long-term note payable.
h. The company budgets 30% of sales to be for cash and the remaining 70% on credit. Credit sales are
collected in full in the month following the sale (no credit sales are collected in the month of sale).
i. All raw materials purchases are on credit, and accounts payable are solely tied to raw materials purchases.
Raw materials purchases are fully paid in the next month (none are paid in the month of purchase).
j. The minimum ending cash balance for all months is $40,000. If necessary, the company borrows
enough cash using a loan to reach the minimum. Loans require an interest payment of 1% at each
month-end (before any repayment). If the month-end preliminary cash balance exceeds the minimum,
the excess will be used to repay any loans.
k. Dividends of $10,000 are budgeted to be declared and paid in May.
1. No cash payments for income taxes are budgeted in the second calendar quarter. Income tax will be
assessed at 35% in the quarter and budgeted to be paid in the third calendar quarter.
m. Equipment purchases of $100,000 are budgeted for the last day of June.
*The amount will be in form of wallet points that you can redeem to pay upto 10% of the price for any assignment. **Use of solution provided by us for unfair practice like cheating will result in action from our end which may include permanent termination of the defaulter’s account.Disclaimer:The website contains certain images which are not owned by the company/ website. Such images are used for indicative purposes only and is a third-party content. All credits go to its rightful owner including its copyright owner. It is also clarified that the use of any photograph on the website including the use of any photograph of any educational institute/ university is not intended to suggest any association, relationship, or sponsorship whatsoever between the company and the said educational institute/ university. Any such use is for representative purposes only and all intellectual property rights belong to the respective owners.