gender empowerment mixtape after our whirlwind tour of gender sexualit
Gender Empowerment Mixtape
After our whirlwind tour of Gender, Sexuality and Feminisms, here is your chance to find your own example of music that takes on any issues, covered or not, but related to
this section. We'll make our own (virtual) mixtape ! (the only wikipedia link I'll ever give ya!)
Write a post that includes all of the following:
1. Title/artist/date produced for the song
2. Link to video or audio of the song- for accessibility's sake, please include text to lyrics and/or closed captioning whenever possible
3. As a courtesy, give folks a heads up of potentially controversial/triggering content, so they can proceed accordingly
4. Your analysis of this song-
1. How is this song related to issues of gender, sexuality, feminism or any other topic related to this section (covered in the last three weeks)?
2. Provide your analysis of the positionality of the artist (who are they- with what gender/ethnicity/nationality/etc. do they identify). How does their positionality
impact the message? (are speaking from their own place of experience or as an ally?)
3. Do you find their analysis/discussion of the issue compelling? Specific examples of what they depict or are discussing?
4. Does this song work towards creating greater justice in your opinion? Why or why not- explain thoroughly.
*The amount will be in form of wallet points that you can redeem to pay upto 10% of the price for any assignment. **Use of solution provided by us for unfair practice like cheating will result in action from our end which may include permanent termination of the defaulter’s account.Disclaimer:The website contains certain images which are not owned by the company/ website. Such images are used for indicative purposes only and is a third-party content. All credits go to its rightful owner including its copyright owner. It is also clarified that the use of any photograph on the website including the use of any photograph of any educational institute/ university is not intended to suggest any association, relationship, or sponsorship whatsoever between the company and the said educational institute/ university. Any such use is for representative purposes only and all intellectual property rights belong to the respective owners.